School Days
Today was Dallin's first day of kindergarten. There was crying and holding on, not wanting to let go--- and all that just from ME! Dallin, on the other hand, did great. He was excited to go and happy at the end of the day when I picked him up. Although, I'm finding that getting information about the day's events from a kindergartener is HARD! After prompting, quizzing, and using all of my "mommy clues" I have learned the following:
1. They went to art class today (I found this out after looking through his backpack and finding an art project, then asking him about it NOTE: I had already asked MANY times what he had done and this never came up)
2. If you buy lunch at school you get to choose either chocolate milk or regular milk (this by the way is apparently VERY exciting) He brought his lunch from home today.
3. They read 3 books today. He doesn't remember what books they were, but there were definitely 3 of them.
4. He likes his teacher.
5. He DID NOT have to go to the nurse today (ummmmm. . . . .good?) After picking him up and walking back to the car, this was the first piece of information he told me. Apparently someone was throwing up at recess today-- I guess that is what prompted such an odd piece of "important" information to be shared in response to "How was school today?"
Things are good and it looks like we're off to the start of a wonderful school year.
2 comments:
You are so funny! Way to be strong MOM!
Ah, the eternal attempt of a mom trying to get info from her son about how school was. Good luck . . . I never DID have much success! I found much more out just by going and being there. (: I'm glad to hear Dallin is enjoying school!
Post a Comment