Lost and Found
Have you ever lost something and after retracing your steps and all logical and not-so-logical places that it could possibly be you are still left wondering if you've completely lost your mind? A week and a half ago Grant's blankie went missing. That's not too surprising considering that was the weekend that I decided to assemble bunk beds, swap the boys room with Sierra's and then frantically clean and organize so the house was somewhat put together for Scott's arrival on Monday. Well, after a week of looking EVERYWHERE. . . TWICE! I began to think that amist all the chaos I must have accidently thrown it away (garbage day, by the way had already passed---- oops!) This was a VERY sad thought since this blanket was made by Scott's Grandmother. It was the last baby's blanket she made before she passed away-- the day before Grant was born. Well, the other day, Grant was sad and came to me crying. After changing his diaper and trying to console him, he went to the door leading to the garage and proceeded to try to open it, and then requested my help. I opened the door and he ran straight to his little wagon, opened the "secret compartment" under the seat and pulled out his blanket and began to hug it. I had torn the whole house apart and looked in the garage too--many times, but never even thought about the little storage spot in the wagon!! I guess he must have hidden it there when he followed me out to the garage on Monday. Anyway, now he won't let go of it (although I WILL NOT let him take it away from home-- especially since we lost it for a week just within our own house!). If you come over you'll likely find him dragging it around like this. . .
Have you ever lost something and after retracing your steps and all logical and not-so-logical places that it could possibly be you are still left wondering if you've completely lost your mind? A week and a half ago Grant's blankie went missing. That's not too surprising considering that was the weekend that I decided to assemble bunk beds, swap the boys room with Sierra's and then frantically clean and organize so the house was somewhat put together for Scott's arrival on Monday. Well, after a week of looking EVERYWHERE. . . TWICE! I began to think that amist all the chaos I must have accidently thrown it away (garbage day, by the way had already passed---- oops!) This was a VERY sad thought since this blanket was made by Scott's Grandmother. It was the last baby's blanket she made before she passed away-- the day before Grant was born. Well, the other day, Grant was sad and came to me crying. After changing his diaper and trying to console him, he went to the door leading to the garage and proceeded to try to open it, and then requested my help. I opened the door and he ran straight to his little wagon, opened the "secret compartment" under the seat and pulled out his blanket and began to hug it. I had torn the whole house apart and looked in the garage too--many times, but never even thought about the little storage spot in the wagon!! I guess he must have hidden it there when he followed me out to the garage on Monday. Anyway, now he won't let go of it (although I WILL NOT let him take it away from home-- especially since we lost it for a week just within our own house!). If you come over you'll likely find him dragging it around like this. . .

No comments:
Post a Comment