Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rainy Days
It has been raining here for the past few days and the 10-day forecast predicts several more days (7 out of 10) of wonderfully rainy weather. While I LOVE cooler rainy weather, but my kids don't seem to enjoy it as much as I do-- especially when it's your last week of summer before school starts. Yesterday, after running errands in the rain, baking cookies, reading stories and other fun rainy day activities, I found my children staring longingly outside at their new swingset. Very "Cat in the Hat"-ish I think. Anyway, I left the room for a moment talking to my mom on the phone. When I returned I found Dallin and Sierra in their swimsuits outside playing-- Grant can't change into his swimsuit by himself, so he was left peering out the window saying "Ow-sigh (outside), ma, I sing (swing). MA! Ow-sigh!!" It was pretty cute, and the rain had subsided for the moment, so I did what any good mom would do. . . I left them play out side and get soaking wet while I took TONS of pictures. Afterward they were all thrown into the tub and scrubbed really good. All VERY HAPPY.

No comments: