Friday, April 10, 2009

Kids say the darndest things!
The following are conversations I've had with the kids this week. The pictures have nothing to do with the conversations, other than to show who the conversation was with. I just figured you'd be more likely to read if I included pics of the kids. . . I'm right, aren't I?


The Setting: Walking past the baby section at Walmart.
Sierra: "Oooooh! Mom, isn't that just SOOO cute!! (pointing to a baby girl item)
Me: "That is cute." (not really paying attention)
Sierra: "But that is for a baby girl, and we're going to have a baby boy. That's ok. Mom, how about next time you have a baby girl."
Me: (finally paying attention) "How about we take it one baby at a time?"


The Setting: At the Zoo (sorry, no pics!) walking past displays with NO animals present
Grant: "Mom, the animals all gone?"
Me: "Yes, there is nothing in there right now.
Grant: (thinking for a moment) "Oh, they need a new one? They need to go to Wal-Mart."
Me: thinking. . . hmmmm. . . do I go there too often?

The Setting: In the car after baseball practice
Dallin: "Mom, where are we going?"
Me: "I thought we'd go to the store to get you some new pants." (he has worn out ALL of his pants over the past month, and it's still a little to cool for shorts all the time)
Dallin: "What kind of pants?"
Me: "Jeans."
Dallin: "SWEET! I LOVE jeans!! They get the BEST grass stains!!!"
Me: "WHAT?!?"
Dallin: "At recess we see who can get the best grass stains. And jeans ALWAYS work the best."
Me: (thinking---Yeah, that explains A LOT.)


4 comments:

Sharla said...

I must say that Dallin's comment about jeans was way too funny! I relate with my 5 year old running out of jeans... if that is what they do no wonder we can't keep them clothed!!! Crazy boys!

A Tale of Three said...

Way cute!

Loren & Kim said...

I just had to buy Jordan new pants, too. He had holes in every pair! I'm going to have to ask him what kind of games he plays at recess!

Shannons Cakes said...

Tanner wears a hole in the left knee of every pair of pants and jeans he owns. New pants last him like 2 days so we started buying the pants with the reinforced knees and and they lasted like three days. It is only every the left knee and we don't know why.
(this is Shannon by the way, I just forgot to sign in to my other acount)