Mommy. . .?
Last night after putting the kids to bed, a head peeked around the corner of the couch where I was sitting. "Mommy. . .?" The small voice asked. "Mommy, I hold you?" Now as mom I get asked a TON of questions everyday from my kids, but this question (phrased JUST like that -- "I hold you?") wins my heart over every time. So, rather than sending him back to bed, I snuggled in with my not-so-little two year old and fell asleep during the first fifteen minutes of American Idol, content as can be.PS. I posted this picture of Grant so you can visualize the sweet eyes and face that accompanied his question (minus the sticky yellow lollipop residue smeared on his face-- although maybe it's just me, but I find that equally as charming).
4 comments:
Good for you! Sometimes when situations that come up that you "aren't supposed to do" - like rock your baby to sleep etc, I think - hey this is my baby and I want to cuddle with him. (other times when he won't go to sleep unless I rock him I think, hey why won't he go to sleep?) Anyway, hopefully you get what I mean. That pic is adorable of Grant, who could resist?
So sweet! Kids are so precious and they grow up way too fast! Glad you got some good snuggle time :)
Zander comes home from school several times a week and says mommy I think we need to get in your bed, I think you need a nap. I know at some point I should make him quit taking a nap, but I like snuggling up with him until he falls asleep even if he is 6.
That is priceless...There is nothing better than your child sitting there with you and being content. Al is right with the world.
Post a Comment