Sunday, July 27, 2008

Update. . .
Well, our backyard campout was a great success! The kids had fun and did EVENTUALLY go to sleep! (They were a LITTLE excited). Once asleep they slept all night. The weiner roast was fun and the smores, of course, were yummy. Thanks to Grandma Sue and Papa Mike for letting us borrow their portable firepit!! Art day/ painting day was Saturday. The kids painted LOTS of pictures and we worked some more on the two dressers we're painting. The kids were SO excited to help with the dressers-- and I didn't have the heart NOT to let them help. They weren't content with just sanding, so they've helped prime and paint them too. . . paint drys REALLY fast in 100 degree weather, so I haven't been able to "touch up" all of their paint jobs before they dried. Oh well, they are really proud of the work they've done and the dressers are going in the kids rooms anyways. I think I'll apply a second coat tomorrow evening after bedtime :). Today was Music and Singing day--- Scott was glad to be gone today!! We sang songs from the children's song book and used items from the kitchen to create musical instruments. Tomorrow is Water day-- sprinklers, water balloons, swimming pool and 102 degree weather. . . hooray! Of course, more pictures to come.

1 comment:

Garbett Family said...

You do realize of course, that you make the rest of us look like lousy parents don't you? :)