While Daddy's Gone. . .
As some of you know, Scott is starting a new job in August and is training down in Houston. He left on Monday and won't be back until August 4th. SO. . . to make the best of the situation (hey, it could be worse, I remember a similar situation 4 years ago when Sierra was born.) I sat down with the kids and we thought of all kinds of FUN things to do each day until Scott comes home. So far we've had "Reading Day" (we went to the Library checked out books and spent a good part of the day just reading books with eachother), "Circus Day" (some friends came over and the kids put on a circus, complete with tickets, concessions and GREAT acts! We pulled a mattress off Dallin's bed and they used it for their acrobatics.), "Dinosaur Day" (we packed up a lunch and left early to head down to Dinosaur Valley State Park. Spent several hours there, the kids took naps on the drive home-- a lot of fun)., Today is "Backyard Campout" night, we've set up the tent and borrowed Grandma's portable fire pit so we can have a weiner roast and make smores (pictures to come. . .). During nap time today, Dallin and I got a head start on "Art/Painting day" (which will be tomorrow) by sanding and putting primer on his dresser-- ready to paint on Saturday.
2 comments:
Hey what great photos! I'm glad you are enjoying the time together without Daddy. I should plan my next three years like this, maybe it will go faster :). I'm sure you'll have good tips on how to keep busy and distracted during those times. Thanks for letting us come to the circus! It was too fun!
What a great week! The pictures look like you guys have had so much fun!
Post a Comment