Thursday, October 11, 2012

September Review

I LOVE September, and not just because it is my birthday month (although that certainly makes it even better!!).  It's a busy and happy time of year with school and sports and the beginning of fall (my favorite season).  Here's what we've been up to during September. . .

The older kids started school in August, but in September Trent started his neighborhood preschool group.  We rotate hosting preschool and teaching. . .super fun-- for me and HIM :) !  Here are our preschool cuties showing their apple stamping project.

Now that he is 3, Trent gets to go to the preschool library storytime all by himself.  He was SO excited to go the first day!  We have the most awesome children's section.  I love our library!


Sierra is on a competition dance team this year.  She is loving it.  Here are the girls after our practice "stage hair and make up" day where we had to go and learn how to do their hair and apply stage makeup (including false eyelashes).  We kept telling the girls "this is NOT pretty make up, it's JUST for performances on the stage!!"  I don't think Scott was prepared when we came home and he saw his daughter in HEAVY makeup and little dance shorts.  

Dallin turned 10 years old!!!  I can't believe it!  He requested a fruit pizza rather than a cake-- fine by me! :)

Dallin has really enjoyed playing football this season, so we got him a new ball.

I'm so glad that even though he's getting older, he still likes the same things he did when he was little-- namely, Legos.

Grant went on a Kindergarten Fieldtrip to a pumpkin patch.  They had a hayride, picked an apple, and then picked a pumpkin.  The children were instructed that they could pick any pumpkin they wanted-- as long as they carry it.  While all the other children went home with adorable little pumpkins, OUR son  picked out THIS monster (and carried it too!!).  To Grant bigger is always better.

After nearly 11 years of marriage, Scott and I finally got a Honeymoon!  My mom and dad came out to  watch the kids for a whole week while Scott and I headed off on a roadtrip sans children (woohoo!). 
Our trip began in St. George where Scott competed in the Kokopelli triathlon.  He did AWESOME!  He did the same course last year and managed to shave 6 minutes his time this year!  There was a big turn out and some tough competition, but Scott still took third in his age group! 




(Holy cow, look at the muscles on his calves and thighs!)


The next day we drove out to California where we made our way up the coast during the week.  We started in Santa Barbara, then up to Pismo, then to Big Sur and Monterey.  On the way home we stayed at an adorable little inn in Morro Bay.  It was a great trip and we're already starting to plan our next "honeymoon".  Hopefully it won't be another 11 years! :)


Since no one was there to take pictures, we took a lot of pics like this:

We watched the sunset every day at different beaches




LOVE the Redwoods!!






We found the most awesome little beach near Big Sur.  We walked past this huge rock (see below) and I saw what at first I thought was a dog, and then I realized it was a baby seal!  It was adorable!




1 comment:

Sharla said...

Happy Honeymoon! Looks like you had a great time and the pictures are fabulous!