Thursday, August 30, 2012

August Rush

Wow, look at that, I'm actually blogging about things as promised in a (relatively) timely manner. . . Once again, for you viewing pleasure, here are a bunch of pics and brief commentary of what we've been up to this month:

Trent and Evan are SUCH GOOD HELPERS (said in very sarcastic Mommy tone)!  This is how they entertained themselves. . .



While Sierra, Grandma and I created these little treats for Sierra's post-baptism luncheon:  They are Rainbow cupcakes and the little flag on top says "I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain."

Her little white dress waiting in the changing room.

She was so excited to be baptized!

Grandpa and Grandma Garbett, Sierra, Grandma Sue

Scott and Sierra in whites

 Family picture

Trent was a little excited to turn THREE this month!  At his three year check up the pediatrician commented on Trent's  MANY facial expressions. . . and his busy-ness.  He is definitely our most social child so far!

Reading his birthday card from Grandma.  The cape and goggles are his standard wear. 

When I asked what kind of birthday cake he wanted he informed me that he wanted a chocolate cake with sprinkles and I could even help him make it if I wanted to.  Ahhh, SO kind, this child, to let me help. :)

Birthday dinner by request:  breakfast, complete with mickey mouse pancakes! 


Grant, he's another busy one.  He put this box to use right away. . .

 We signed Grant up for soccer this year.  If you know Grant you know he's not the picking flowers, twirling in the field type of kid.  Here he is in his first game.  Yes, that is him standing his ground (ie: shoving the other kid) while chasing the ball. . .

It's BACK TO SCHOOL time:  
Dallin entered 4th Grade!  Which seems like a much bigger deal than 3rd grade last year. . .

Sierra is in 3rd Grade!

And my little Grant started kindergarten.  I may or may not have sobbed uncontrollably  been teary eyed for two days, which seems a little strange since I've done this twice before and he and I were so ready for him to be in school.


Dallin earned his Bear in scouts a few months ago, but it finally became official this month.  Here he is getting the mark of the Bear!


Scott gave all the boys back to school haircuts.  This was Evans FIRST HAIRCUT and he did pretty well!  They always look SO BIG after the first haircut.




1 comment:

Dalton Family said...

I can't believe Trent is 3, that means you moved 3 years ago!! We miss you guys and love you!