Sunday, March 04, 2012

The Things We Do for FUN

I love how creative kids can be in their play.  Here are some of the things I've caught my kids doing that have kept me laughing:

Have I mentioned that it has been a rather dry winter for us?  Where's all the snow?  If Mr. Groundhog is correct, maybe we'll get a little more snow over the next couple weeks.  Hmmmm, we'll see.  Anyway, the kids haven't let the lack of white stuff ruin their winter.  One Saturday afternoon in January, we heard the kids out back laughing and playing.  I was curious to see what could be so much fun (hey, maybe I'd want to join in too!) so, I opened the blinds and found my little ones doing this:

Snow or no snow, there WILL be sledding!


Hide and Seek is always a favorite game to play.  I miss the good old days when the kids used to simply hide with a blanket over their heads while sitting in the middle of the living room.  Now I have to look, and look GOOD to find them.  Do you want to play?  Ok, here we go. . .

First stop, the kitchen.

Hmmmm. . . Nothing suspicious looking here.  Or is there?. . .

Here I AM!!!!

OK, the linen closet.  I don't see anything.  Do you?

Remember to look up HIGH!

Such a little monkey!

Now to the boys bedroom.  The closet is open, so that is suspicious.  But I don't see anything.

Maybe I'll just close the closet.  Oh, Hello there Grant!

 Trust me, most of the things we do are not as tidy as hide and seek.  Yet, USUALLY the damage isn't as bad as Christmas morning play either. . . YIKES!

 We did take the cushions of the couch one day and created our own tumbling gym.
Here is Grant on the balance beam.  I think sticking your tongue out helps you balance ;)

Trent practicing his forward roll.  He is really quite good.

Come and PLAY with us some time!

1 comment:

Sharla said...

I'll come play with you! Oh, why do you live so far away :(. Glad to see you are having as much fun as always! Love all of the wonderful updates!