It's about time. . .
for another post, don't you think?
OK. Here we go. . .
As Spring progresses, we seem to be getting increasingly busier. Take this night in March, for example:
I picked up the kids from school, hurriedly got homework done, had an early dinner, packed up the car and got kids ready for Dallin's 1st soccer game. On the way to the game, we drop Dallin's pinewood derby car off at his den leader's house so she can get it a weighed in as we will be hurrying straight from the soccer field to the Pinewood derby later that evening. The game went well. Dallin LOVED playing soccer-- he even scored a goal! Dallin changed into his scout uniform as we drove from the soccer field to the church. We made it just in time for the races to begin. Dallin took 2nd place overall!!! Awesome! Even more awesome since he did all the work himself (under the supervision of Scott, of course, but everything from the design to the cutting, sanding and painting was all him!). After the pinewood derby I let the kids for-go bathtime (except Dallin, he played an intense game of soccer and is beginning to smell like a boy. . .ewww) and go straight to bed.
Rock paper scissors for the kick off
Freezing Grant and Sierra
Post Game-- hurrying to Pinewood Derby
Dallin and his winning pickup truck! He even set a track record!
In other happenings, we had Spring Break a couple weeks ago. Sadly, we had no fantastic vacation or pricey outings planned. So, I had to get creative. As General Conference had just concluded and one of the themes the kids had noticed was "temples", I decided to run with that. So, we created "temple passports" using $1 photo albums and planned to visit the nearby temples during the week. It was a great success. We had a lot of fun and I think the kids walked away with a greater love for our temples. Here was our schedule:
Monday: Each child picked out a picture of a temple to the hang in their room, and we created our temple passports.
Tuesday: Went to see Oquirrh Mountain Temple and The Jordan River Temple
At each temple the kids had a page in their passports to write/draw notes or observations.
Here iss Grant taking a moment at the Oquirrh Mountain temple to write down what he sees/feels.
Dallin at the Jordan River Temple
Wednesday: Went to see the Draper Temple and Bountiful Temple on our way to our cousins' house
Thursday: Went to the Provo Temple and the Mount Timpanogos temple
Grant looking up at the Mount Timpanogos temple (we forgot his jacket, so he was wrapped in Trent's blanket for warmth)
Friday: Went to the Salt Lake temple and spent the day at Temple Square.
The museum of church art and history has a fun new children's exhibit! Dallin and Sierra built a temple out of large blocks.
Our picnic lunch at Temple Square
And lastly,
here are some pictures of the kids on Easter Sunday. None of them turned out well, but none the less, here they are:
Trent's face perfectly illustrates the enthusiasm our kids had for this Easter Sunday pre-church photo shoot
Really?!? Are they ALL blinking?
























4 comments:
What a cool idea!! Way to take advantage of all the temples close to you. I'm so jealous.
That is such a fabulous idea. I am definitely going to have to use that one of these days.
Dallin looks so old in his soccer duds. Crazy. And I almost bought that same dress for June.
You are so clever!!! I love you temple passport idea. Your children will always remember this spring break! Good job!
That is such a great idea! You are such a good mom! I love the pic of all the kids blinking! :)
Post a Comment