Sunday, March 20, 2011

Our House

I laugh whenever I think of how different "The Rice Paddy" must be from other homes. Our family dynamics and the personalities in our family definitely create a unique atmosphere-- just like every home I suppose.  Trent has become quite a "helper" in the kitchen.  He LOVES to clean, and is a pretty good mopper.  He also LOVES to help me cook (and taste test).  While making dinner this evening I looked over to see my sweet boy setting the table!!  Yes, there was quite an assortment of dishes and silverware, but I didn't even ask him to help and he was very proud of himself.




Daily, wrestling matches breakout.  It usually begins as a showoff contest. . . seeing who can do the coolest karate kick and then it turns into wrestle mania in my living room.  Here is a funny conversation that occurred this evening during such a wrestling match:

Dallin:  Watch this! (Does a nifty karate kick)
Grant:  Oh yeah, watch this! (Does a jump-kick)
Dallin:  Oh yeah, let me see your best chicken kick!
Sierra (my sweet little dancer):  That's nothing!  Show me your best Fifth Position!

That is when I look up to see Sierra in perfect Ballet form in fifth position, with her Daddy and brothers trying to imitate her (in all seriousness).  Oh, where oh where was my camera!?!?!

No comments: