Friday, August 12, 2011

This 'n' That

This is another random post with no real theme-- just lots of pictures, which is probably more enjoyable anyway.  Perhaps one day I will be a blogger who provides insightful tips, witty anecdotes and a cohesive structure to blog posts, but for now you get miscellaneous pictures with quick captions.

Evan is ONE MONTH OLD today!  I can hardly believe it!  He now weighs 10lbs (gained 3 lbs from birth)!  He is not a cuddly baby and is not too fond of riding in the car (tragic for a 5th child-- as he will spend MUCH of his infancy in the car).  He recently graduated from newborn size clothing to 0-3 month size.  This week he has learned to smile at us!  He must think it quite amusing to get all six of us gathered around him talking, singing, tickling, WHATEVER trying to evoke a smile or two.  No pictures of smiles yet,  apparently he is camera shy ;)

Look at these chubby cheeks!  Soooo kissable! Now we've just got to work on his skinny legs :)

Evan isn't the only one getting bigger.  Trent turned 2 years old last week!  He was really excited for his birthday.  It was a lot of fun watching him open his presents (ps. I love that 2 year olds are SO easy to please in the gift-giving department!)

Blowing out his candle on his baseball cupcake (yes, we have another little sports fanatic)

 Grandma and Grandpa Garbett got him an adorable bear camping chair-- which he loves.
 
hmmm. . . what could this ball-shaped present be?


 This one is a little blurry, but I love how excited he is (just imagine the squeals of excitement and the bouncing up and down that went along with the look)

While the rest of us went to the kitchen to eat birthday cake and ice cream, Trent wanted to stay and play with plastic food in the living room -- go figure.

Happy Birthday Trent!  We love you!

I've really been crushing on my kids lately.  Maybe it is because we only have one more week of summer break before the older ones head back to school, maybe it's because they've been such good helpers with the new baby.  At any rate, I've been enjoying seeing their different personalities and their sibling relationships strengthening.

Miss Sierra attended another hip-hop workshop the last week of July.  I forgot to take pictures at the final performance, so Scott took some pictures of her when we got home.  The theme this time was "The 50's-- with a Hip Hop twist".  They danced to "Rock around the Clock" and "Hey, Mickey".  She did a great job!


My Dallin, he's been SUCH a good helper with Evan and Trent!  This week as he was leaving to ride his bike to Cub Scouts, he poked his head inside the kitchen door to tell me "Hey, Mom, I love you!"  Yep, my heart melted.  As he's getting older I've started cherishing every "I love you, Mom" a little more.

Trent.  He's ALWAYS a mess.  But he's a cute mess.  He thinks he is big like the other ones.  Which is probably why he is trying to ride Dallin's skateboard. . . Hey, where's your helmet?
 
Grandma Sue and Papa gave him a lawnmower for his birthday and he has "mowed the lawn" everyday since.  I hope his enthusiasm for cleaning and yard maintenance is still around in 10 years!

 And then there's Grant.  He drives me nuts.  But I ADORE this kid!  Scott found the old Superman cape he used to wear when he was a boy and gave it to Grant.  Here he is zooming up and down the street wearing the cape.  Quite a sight.  I love it.

This week we were THRILLED to see some of our good friends from Texas.  I can not believe how much these little girls have grown!  Our kids picked right up where they left off playing 2 years ago when we moved to Utah and it was as if Emily (the mom) and I were never apart.  I think that is the sign of a real friend-- no matter how much time has passed since you were last together, you're just so comfortable in friendship and know each other so well it's as if you were never apart.

No comments: