Friday, January 07, 2011

A Post
My creative juices are NOT flowing-- obviously I couldn't even come up with a good title for this post.  Regardless, I decided it has been long enough since my last post, and before I get too far behind I should at least acknowledge that Christmas came and it is a new year.  Here are some pics of what's been going on around here over the last month or so:

First:  SNOW

Dallin in the backyard

Trent adoring Daddy

Grant helping himself to a snowy snack

Our snowman


 Up Next:  CHRISTMAS

Goodies we gave to friends 
 PS.  Look closely at Sierra.  She's missing her two front teeth-  how appropriate for Christmas time!  That song was sung around our house nearly every day by our little toothless princess 

Christmas Day-- opening stockings

At toothbrush and BANDAIDS (boy does Santa know Grant!!!)

Trent helping himself to some chocolate (with the wrapper still on. . . apparently removing the packaging is optional)

Dallin drew Trent's name this year and was excited to make him his little drum at scouts-- Trent loves it!

The damage. . .

Dallin. . . looking more like a tween everyday-- hoodie on and ipod in the ears-- this image makes me laugh!

Grandma and Grandpa gave Sierra a cake decorating kit.  Here she is hard at work. . .

The final product!  I think she did a great job!


Lastly:  The new year (no pics of this one)

We're looking forward to what 2011 will bring for our family.  Here are the top 3 exciting happenings that I wrote in my planner:

September 2011:  My 30th B-day!!!   I suppose it is a bit strange that I'm looking forward to being the big 3-0, but I feel that my age has FINALLY caught up to my lifestyle!  (I've been a mom driving a mini van since I was 21, and a mom of 2 when I was 22. . .you get the idea)

December 2011:  Scott and I will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary!  I think that is something to celebrate, although our dreams of finally having a honeymoon (we've been saying that we'd finally take one for our 10th anniversary. . .) will have to be postponed due to our third exciting event (see below)

July 2011 (I know, I'm not going in chronological order, but I've saved the best for last!):  We will welcome another baby into our family!  That's right folks, 5 kids, before I'm thirty and before our 10th wedding anniversary. . .now that's efficient! :) 

5 comments:

Maleen said...

So exciting. I was just thinking as I started reading your post if you were done. I'm so glad that you aren't. I can't wait to see the new addition. I tried to get five kids in before I turned 30, but it didn't quite work. Congrats to you. That is impressive. When are you due?

I love your snowman (seriously jealous.) And Sierra's toothless smile is adorable. I really miss you guys. I can't tell you how many times I look at your old house and wish you still lived there.

But I'm glad to see you guys are doing well. Say hi to everyone from our family.

Kourtni said...

Congratulations on baby #5!!!! It sounds like you have an incredibly exciting year to look forward to!

Donelle said...

So excited for you! Looks like a great year ahead!

Brent said...

Congratulations on all three wonderful and exciting events. My thirties were the best! I also had my last two babies in my thirties, Joe and Aubree. So the best is yet to come! Happy New Year!

crawford crew said...

Rice family I am so totally excited for you guys!!! You have the most beautiful family but more important than that you are just GREAT people. so one more Rice in the world will make it a better place. when we get to Utah we will have to get together.