Pioneer Trek
Last week our family participated in a pioneer trek with our ward. We went up to Wyoming and dressed in our pioneer attire camped and treked around Martin's Cove. Thursday was a travel day-- 6 hours up to the Willie Center 6th crossing where we set up camp. Friday we traveled to the historic Martin's Cove and treked 6 miles. Saturday we treked 4 miles in the valley where the Willie Handcart company rescue took place. It was an AMAZING experience for our family! The kids did AWESOME! Dallin walked the whole way and Sierra only rode for a few short stints. Here are a some pics of our adventure. (most pictures were taken on Friday, as we had 3 river crossings and the women's pull on Saturday, so I packed the camera away in a safe place.)
This is how Grant entertained himself on the drive up to camp. . .
Unloading the car into our handcart
Our little pioneer girl
Dallin at sunset
"Hi, Pa!"
Button yo-yo
Our Family!
Some must push and some must pull. . .
Finding shade beneath the handcart
Walking up to Martin's Cove
Grant and our flag
Poor Grant wore out and fell asleep during our trek both Friday and Saturday.





















3 comments:
What a wonderful experience! What a BLAST!!!! I LOVE all the cute pioneer outfits! I can't wait to do something like that with our family!!!
How Fun!! I love the pictures. Thanks for letting us see.
ang
That is so awesome. Randy and I went there when Nicolas was 1 to visit my parents who were on a mission there. We love it. We are looking forward to taking the kids back in a few years.
Post a Comment