Thanksgiving (in a nutshell)
I promised a Thanksgiving post before Christmas, and I realized that time is catching up with me again, so I better post SOMETHING. We were very lucky this year to be able to spend Thanksgiving with so much family! We celebrated Thanksgiving twice-- on Wednesday with the Rice side of the family and on Thursday with the Garbett side.
Sierra got sick Tuesday evening, so I stayed home with Sierra and Trent while Scott, Dallin and Grant had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving dinner prepared by these two lovely ladies:

While dinner was cooking, the cousins had a Turkey Bowl. . .
Which somehow turned into a game of baseball (2 guesses on who encouraged the change of sports)
Scott carved the turkey. . .

And everyone enjoyed yummy food
That is, everyone except a little boy exhausted from a long day of playing with cousins. . .
On Thursday, Sierra was feeling better so, we headed up to Layton for Thanksgiving. We were SO excited to see everyone (including some cousins never met before!)
Pre-mealtime Turkey Bowl with the cousins:
And this is what Sierra did while the boys were playing football (She is VERY excited for her little cousin Keira to get bigger, so she won't be the ONLY girl around!)

Thanks Holly and Jon for hosting!
With 11 cousins under the age of seven there was A LOT of energy in that house. To calm the kids down a bit, someone put in a movie. . . almost immediately this is what happened:
Thanksgiving was a GREAT start to the holiday season! Now, the excitement for Christmas is building!
I promise it won't take a month to put up Christmas pictures!






.jpg)
.jpg)






1 comment:
What a fun family event! I'm glad Sierra recovered for the rest of the fun! I'm glad your whole family got to be together after all that time apart!
Post a Comment